Hult’s Executive Speaker Series brings to our campuses the brightest minds from a wide range of industries and backgrounds to share path-breaking business trends and sage professional advice. The next speaker in the series is Nayla Al Khaja, the first woman film producer in the United Arab Emirates. CEO of D-SEVEN Motion Pictures.
Nayla graduated from Dubai Women’s College with a degree in Mass Communication in 1999 but realized her true calling lay in film production prompting her to apply to Ryerson University in Canada, well known for its Film making program. She graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor in Image studies – Film making.
In recognition of her achievements, Nayla has received numerous awards and accolades:
- Winner of UAE International Young Screen Entrepreneur (IYSE) Award 2010, as part of the British Council’s international award programme, Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE).
- Best Female Filmmaker at Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) 2007.
- Won the Young Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2007 at the 6th Middle East
- Businesswomen and Leaders Achievement Awards.
- Won the Lloyds TSB Bank Inspirational Leadership Award (2006) D-SEVEN MOTION PICTURES
- Was named “Emirates Woman of the Year, 2005” by Emirates Woman magazine
- Won the Emirates Woman Best Local Artist Award (2005)
- Was named ‘The Youngest Entrepreneur’ of the year in 2005 at the Global Businesswomen & Leaders Summit Awards.
- UAE Woman of the Year – Film/Photo Category – L’Oficiel Magazine 2009
Nayla will be speaking to an audience of faculty, students and corporate guests in Dubai. The event is FREE, REGISTER HERE.
Date: 19th June 2012
Time: 7:30pm – 10:00pm
Location: Madinat Conference Hall, Johara Ballroom, Madinat Jumeirah, Al Safouh Road, Dubai UAE
View Larger Map